The Art of Handmade Cardboard Home Furnishings
June 12, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT- $45.00
What You'll Do:
Scrap cardboard sheets can be your best friend, as well as an amazing creative palette when it comes to decorating your living space. YouTube cardboard craft host Luanga Nuwame – known as the Homemade Game Guru – will guide you on an innovative journey of transforming your boring old cardboard into beautiful decorative home furnishings. No nails, no heavy machinery, nor technical expertise required. With just some basic materials, you will get everything you need to make some cool looking accessories for your home.
This first course will encompass two sections featuring two distinct pieces of cardboard furniture. The first will be an octagonal display table with a swinging side door and internal storage space. It’s based on a classic 1970s design, but made out of 100% cardboard. The second course will be for the creation of a functional C-table that can be used as a tray for eating at the couch, and for displaying family pictures/plants/collectibles. Both designs can be customized with colors and added touches to fit your personality.
This course is the just the beginning of a cardboard journey Luanga will take you on. There are no limits to what can be done with cardboard! This is upcycling on a whole new level!
Skill Level:Ability to use a hand-held cutting blade, glues (industrial or hot) plus basic measuring skills. If you feel comfortable cutting through cardboard with a sharp blade, you are good to go!
Skills you will learn:You will learn how to transform cardboard into practical, aesthetically pleasing and useful home furnishings. The ultimate form of upcycling on a budget while exploring your creativity.
What You'll Need:
- Printable Furniture templates (to be supplied by the instructor)
- At least 6 sheets of cardboard (minimum size 20 in x 20 in) - double-corrugated/double-walled cardboard is preferred. The bigger the sheets, the better!
- Utility knife with changeable blades
- Mechanical pencil
- Ruler or Meter stick (meter stick recommended)
- Sharp scissors
- Glue (either industrial glue or hot glue gun)
- Adjustable clamps (optional)
- Spare weights or large books (optional) - Note: will be used to keep vertical cardboard in place as glue dries)
- Spray paint or liquid paint in your favorite colors (optional)
- Leveler (optional)
- Oil-based varnish (optional)
Have questions or comments – email us at email@example.com