Make an Infinity Mirror Box (with secret compartment)
February 13, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm PST- $15.00
What You'll Do:
For Valentine’s Day or anytime, turn a heart-shaped candy box (or other cardboard box of your choosing) into an infinity mirror box that hides a secret compartment for storing candy or other goodies!
An infinity mirror uses an optical illusion to create an endless tunnel of lights. We’ll use a few easy-to-find crafts supplies and electronics parts to create a box that fools the eye.
See a preview, plus instructions for advanced versions, on the Adafruit website.
What You'll Need:
- small or medium heart-shaped candy box (look for all-cardboard candy boxes like these), or any cardboard box with a separate lid
- LED light strand (such as this) -- dollar store versions are fine
- 3V coin battery CR2032 (if not included with LED strand)
- one-way mirror window film (such as this) -- sold in large rolls, but you only need two pieces about the size of your box
- stiff black paper, such as cardstock or poster board
- glue stick and/or thin double-sided tape
Have questions or comments – email us at email@example.com