DIY Buzzing Operation Game with Kathy Ceceri
April 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am PDT- $30.00
What You'll Do:
Make a personalized version of the board game Operation, where players must remove game pieces without setting off the alarm! You choose the theme, design the board, and build the electric circuit that makes it work. All you need is a recycled box (cereal or cracker boxes work great) and some simple components to create a buzzing, light-up game that everybody will love!
Who It’s For:
- Families with kids ages 8 and up!
- Teens 12 and up!
- Educators looking for in-class or online STEAM activities to share with their students!
What You'll Need:
- LED with wire leads
- mini vibrating disc motor (with about 1/4 inch of insulation stripped off the wires)
- insulated wire, about 1 foot long, with about 1/2 inch of insulation stripped off the ends
- 3 volt coin battery (CR2032)
Crafts supplies and recycled materials:
- thin, smooth-sided cardboard box (such as a small or medium-sized cereal or cracker box)
- metal tweezers (look in the dollar store, or make your own by bending a thin strip of cardboard in half and cover with foil)
- tape (any household tape)
- (optional) double-sided tape (such as thin scrapbooking tape)
- heavy paper, such as construction paper or cardstock
- markers or other drawing tools
- aluminum foil (regular kitchen foil is fine)
- something to make game pieces: scrap cardboard, clay, beads, buttons, etc
- (optional) small binder clip
- scissors and/or craft knife
- wire stripper (in a pinch, dull scissors or a nail clipper)
Have questions or comments – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org